Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes pain all over the body affecting the muscles, tendons and ligaments. Anyone can develop fibromyalgia, although the condition mainly affects women.
Fibromyalgia usually develops after experiencing a traumatic event such as childbirth, car accident, viral infection or an emotional trauma. Daily routines such as work and family life often become increasingly difficult and severely interrupted.
The word fibromyalgia is Latin meaning “fibrous muscle pain”. Fibromyalgia is also known as “Chronic Widespread Pain”. Some other common symptoms associated with fibromyalgia may include:
- Widespread pain from head to toe
- Extreme sensitivity to the slightest touch
- Sensitivity to certain foods
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Trouble sleeping – waking up feeling drained/tired
- Stiffness in muscles, tendons, ligaments
- Cognitive problems “fibro-fog” – confused speech, memory and learning difficulties
- Feelings of anxiety and depression
- Headaches and migraines
- IBS – bloating and painful stomach
- Stiffness in neck and shoulders
If you are suffering from fibromyalgia syndrome consider hypnotherapy as a complimentary treatment option. Relaxation and hypnotherapy are two techniques that work very well for suffers of fibromyalgia helping to reduce stress and tension in both body and mind helping to relieve symptoms of fibromyalgia.
All consultations are carried out in complete confidence.