Hypnotherapy for Children
Children usually respond very well to hypnosis because of their ability to use their imagination. Hypnosis and imagination in children are mainly related for several reasons.
- A fascination with magic and the readiness to switch between reality and fantasy
- An ability to focus attention and immerse self in the present
- The intensity of feeling states
- Openness to new ideas and experiences
Hypnotherapy is a gentle therapy that can be helpful for anxious and nervous children experiencing problems such as bedwetting (enuresis), thumb sucking, fears or worries.
I use to following therapeutic techniques in a relaxed, confidential and caring environment to help children with their difficulty.
A brief outline of therapeutic methodologies I use to help children.
- Story telling (direct suggestion and metaphor)
- Blow away technique (releasing emotions, fears, worries, and anger)
- Drawing pictures (art therapy)
- Dyslexia management for reading and writing.
A parent will often be used as a co-therapist and will usually be asked to participate during the therapy session(s). Individual therapy with the child usually overlaps into “triad” therapy work which involves parents and family members.
I work with children between the ages of 6 – 17 years of age. Please note that all children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by at least one parent or guardian.
Please feel free to contact me on the number below for further information about how we can help you and your child with clinical hypnotherapy.