Soul Retrieval Therapy
From a shamanic point of view the person who seeks soul retrieval therapy does so because they are experiencing psychological and physical health related issues.
A fragment of the soul is thought to break away in times of great distress or trauma because it did not want to experience what was happening to the physical body at the time. Shamans believe the return of the souls fragment is necessary to help a person heal and become healthy once more.
Soul loss can occur with major surgery, a serious car accident, divorce or betrayal, miscarriage, traumatic abortion, giving up personal dreams for a partner, bullying, loss of a loved one, sexual abuse or any other situation of high drama.
To understand how soul retrieval works we may need to look beyond the five sense physical reality and consider our reality in an expanded perspective. Soul retrieval takes the wisdom of the most ancient psychologies and applies it to a modern therapeutic context.
According to the ancient knowledge of the shaman, imbalance is created by three possible conditions:
- Power loss
- Soul loss
- Energetic interference
Power and soul loss occurs as a reaction to trauma. Energetic interference at a physical level is indicated by a lack of interest in life. Life can simply become a struggle full of set backs and bad luck. Physical exhaustion and depletion may also be indicative of power and soul loss.
How do I know that soul retrieval is right for me?
Look out for personal statements such as:
- “I don’t feel all here”
- “I feel part of me is missing”
- “I feel like I’m constantly searching for something…but I don’t know what it is”
- “I never feel right”
- “I always feel detached”
- “I no longer have my youthful strength”
- “I feel as though I have lost my innocence”
- “I never feel good enough”
- “S/he stole my heart”
- “I’ve never been the same since…it’s like a part of me is missing”
Look out for feelings such as:
- Feeling incomplete
- Low self esteem
- Lack of confidence
- Withdrawn, defensive, controlling
- Jealousy and resentment of others
- Acting superficially nice with dark feelings underneath
Symptoms of soul loss may include:
- Blocked memory
- Acting emotionally remote
- Chronic negative attitude
- Life seems pointless
- Suicidal tendencies